Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

OSNoob Projects: Ubuntu Gnome

I wanted to try something different.... Ubuntu Gnome is. So, I tried it and here is a video I did live of my first experience with the install.
I downloaded and installed Ubuntu Gnome Remix 12.10 to a USB flash drive using Linux Live USB creator. I apologize for the quality, I used my best camera however, I think the mic on the laptop may not be as sensitive as it could be. Hopefully its not too terrible. Enjoy :D



This is the very first version still running 12.10 so it definitely has some bugs. I know most of the legacy bugs, multiple monitor support in particular, were addressed in Ubuntu going from 12.10 to 13.04 and I'm sure a lot of little issues would be sorted out with the package updates. When I figure out how to get this network adapter working with Linux I'll likely have more success. All in all, I like what they are doing with this build. I don't hate unity, but even on my new rig its sluggish at times. Gnome is just more responsive and faster to use in my opinion. 

Links: