Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dungeon Hearts: OSNoob Video Package

You know how you love match 3 games, but cant seem to find enough great ones? Well, have I got a game for you. Dungeon Hearts. Don't think, just buy.



This is a Video Package for Dungeon Hearts. Basically, I bought it, played it, recorded it, posted it.
I'm no expert on the game, barely a trainee, but so far I really enjoy it. It seems to put an interesting spin on the Match-3 genre. It's hard enough to explain in the video, but basically you Match-3 (duh) to make diamonds in hopes of chaining them with other diamonds...  that do more damage... and don't get dead.
Off the bat, I can say leveling up within the match-3 confines is a bit of a pain in the butt. However, it being a truly new and different mechanic, for me at least, definitely makes me want to give it some serious props (even if only for trying something different).
This will definitely be a game that caters to those who choose to make the mechanic their b*tch, but for everyone else this is just a nice and solid experience with a new enough approach that can be enjoyed by all.

If you like games like Puzzle Quest and Triple Town, you will love this. Period. Also, its only $3 (though I purchased my copy in an Indie Royale Bundle).


I think this one has some serious legs as a pretty good time waster. It would be nice if it were available on Android too, but it looks like for now its relegated to PC, Mac, Steam, Linux, and iOS. 

Links: